North American Wildlife
Availability: In stock
Imagine a guide to our country’s mammals, fish, insects, birds, amphibians, trees, flowers, even mushrooms—all together in one collection! North American Wildlife is the equivalent of an entire shelf of nature guides in just one handy volume. This timeless guide from Reader’s Digest is packed with detailed illustrations and carefully worded descriptions of more than 2,000 plants and animals. Whether you’re in the deserts of California, the forests of Montana, the wetlands of Mississippi, the suburbs of Maryland, or the rugged beaches of Maine, here are fascinating, revealing descriptions of the plants and animals you will inevitably encounter. Celebrate the joys of America’s wildlife with this classic guide.
- 9 information-packed sections: Mammals, Birds, Reptiles & Amphibians, Fish, Invertebrates, Trees & Shrubs, Wildflowers, Nonflowering Plants & Mushrooms.
- Special section on Wildlife Communities offers lists of species and places they inhabit, as well as photographs and descriptive text.
- Handy name tabs on each page make it a cinch to find the right section fast.
- Color-coded introduction at the beginning of each section features helpful identification tips.
- Special identification charts for quickly recognizing popular wildflowers and birds.
- Identification capsules call out important facts that can help you spot the correct plants and animals.
- “Idento-checks” point out unique traits to be observed in identifying a species.
- Range maps show at a glance whether a particular plant or animal lives in your area.
- Habitat symbols tell you where you can expect to find certain species.
- Format: Softcover
- Dimensions: 6” x 9”
- SKU#: 6193A
- ISBN-13: 9781606524916
- Publisher: Reader’s Digest
- Publication Date: 2012
- Pages: 576