New Complete Guide to Sewing
Availability: In stock
The New Complete Guide to Sewing is an ideal book for sewers everywhere—whatever their level of skill. First published in 1978, its extraordinary success is largely due to its comprehensive step-by-step instructions, which clearly explain the techniques of sewing and tailoring. This updated edition builds on the traditions of the classic best-seller by featuring thousands of colorful illustrations, diagrams, and photographs that demonstrate exactly what to do at each stage of the sewing process. A veritable encyclopedia of sewing, this valuable guide includes detailed directions, practical advice, work-saving tips, essential techniques, and hundreds of unique creative touches to bring out the best in needlework.
- 11 BIG chapters: Sewing Equipment & Fabrics, Stitches & Seams, Waistlines & Belts, Tailoring, Hems, Patchwork & Quilting and more!
- 20 fun, new sewing projects for making clothes and home accessories that reflect today’s styles and trends.
- Find a detailed list of the basic equipment you’ll need before getting started.
- Learn how to pick the right kind of sewing machine for your skill level.
- Get tips for choosing the right fabric for your project.
- Helpful chart for how to line and interface fabrics.
- Step-by-step photo guide shows you how to take measurements.
- Handy fabric width conversion chart for reference.
- Discover a variety of essential hand-stitching techniques.
- Learn how to tailor garments like a pro and quilt like nobody’s bees-ness!
- Format: Hardcover
- Dimensions: 9” x 10-1/2”
- SKU#: 6194A
- ISBN-13: 9781606522080
- Publisher: Reader’s Digest
- Publication Date: 2011
- Pages: 384