Skip to content
- 9 information-packed sections: Mammals, Birds, Reptiles & Amphibians, Fish, Invertebrates, Trees & Shrubs, Wildflowers, Nonflowering Plants & Mushrooms.
- Special section on Wildlife Communities offers lists of species and places they inhabit, as well as photographs and descriptive text.
- Handy name tabs on each page make it a cinch to find the right section fast.
- Color-coded introduction at the beginning of each section features helpful identification tips.
- Special identification charts for quickly recognizing popular wildflowers and birds.
- Identification capsules call out important facts that can help you spot the correct plants and animals.
- “Idento-checks” point out unique traits to be observed in identifying a species.
- Range maps show at a glance whether a particular plant or animal lives in your area.
- Habitat symbols tell you where you can expect to find certain species.